Polyaspartic/polyurea floor coatings provide an attractive and durable concrete flooring system. Colored flakes are embedded into the floor coatings creating an outstanding visual effect. There is an exciting and extensive range of colours with many options for the embedded flakes and final coat textures.
These systems have a scattering of decorative flakes sandwiched between a base coat and a finishing coat. The flakes are either polymer (plastic) or reflective metallic. The flakes, also known as chips, come in a wide range of colors and sizes. You can choose the density and pattern that is applied to the floor. This is called the broadcast level.
This allows you to create an individual and unique look for your internal flooring. Designs and options are only limited by your imagination.
Our quality controlled processes involve expert grinding and etching of the concrete floor to create a bonding surface for the epoxy or polyurea base coat.Whilst this coat is sticky we apply the flakes in a broadcast or pattern of your choice.
Once this coat has set, we remove loose flakes and scrape the floor to achieve a smooth and levelled surface.
Another top coat is applied with your choice of matt, satin or high gloss (wet look) finishes.
Before & After Epoxy Coating
Every flake floor installed by Trendi Dekor comes with an industry leading 25 Year Adhesion Guarantee.
- 100% UV resistance and long life color retention
- Strong chemical and water resistance
- Non-slip and seamless
- Low maintenance
- Resistance to damage from impact or abrasion - ideal for high traffic areas
Flake Flooring Process
Our Quality Steps
- Professional slab assessment - moisture test, cracks, anything that needs patching, laser levelling
- Our product is properly warehoused and transported in strict temperatures to ensure product integrity
- Quality check of product prior to application
- Our tradesmen are correctly equipped and uniformed
- Dust is the number one enemy of coatings - we keep the area free from sand, dust and other debris
- We work closely with you in relation to the on-site timing of our trades and site access
- Final handover inspection completed ensuring your satisfaction
Like epoxy, it is made up of two parts: a base and a hardener. It was used for the first time to protect tabletop edges. Because it dries quickly and is very resistant, it began to be used for other applications. It was soon used to waterproof manholes, concrete tunnels, garage floors and steel truck boxes. Polyurea is a subgroup of polyurethane. It has low to no VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) and has an elongation rate that exceeds 300% making it more flexible than epoxy.
Polyurea Flooring Advantages:
- Adheres very well to concrete and steel
- Highly resistant to mechanical pressure
- Highly resistant to abrasion
- UV light stable
- Waterproof (also serves as a vapour barrier)
- Can be applied in temperatures as low as -7° C
- VOC-free (VOC: volatile organic compounds); odourless
Polyurethane is also a thermosetting plastic like epoxy. Many people think of polyurethane as a high-performance finish with exceptional qualities. Urethane and polyurethane are entirely different. Like epoxy, polyurethane also comes in different formulations. Its surface may not be as hard or thick as epoxy, however, polyurethane is able to resist better to scratches. It is more tolerant of extreme changes in temperature and it can also handle humidity far better than epoxy.
You can get polyurethane coatings in a wider variety of finishes, ranging from satin to highly glossy. Please note that when polyurethane is to be applied in a household and/or garage, that the establishment must be vacant of any residents for 24 hours due to the fumes it emits when curing.
Polyurethane Flooring Advantages:
- High performance seamless surface, cushioned for shock absorption with point-elastic properties.
- Approved for use as a multi-sports surface for all indoor sports.
- Non-porous, therefore hygienic and easy to clean.
- Provides optimum adherence to prevent slipping
- High tensile strength and tear strength. The wear layer makes this flooring tough and durable. It can also be used for all kinds of non-sports functions.
- Easy to maintain and can be resurfaced when required.
FLAKE FLOORS / POLYUREA SYSTEM
We help create outstanding visual effect flooring for Residential, Commercial and Industrial.